THE JOURNEY OF HOW WE WENT FROM CLUTTER AND NO ORGANISATION TO ORGANISED CHAOS..

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Time to get organised!

With our son starting prep , my daughter starting grade 5 and my husband now working. (My husband was the stay at home parent with our son as I was the main worker) I find we need to be alot more organised, my husband did a great job with the day to day things of the house but like alot of men things got overlooked. So now with my hours dropping from full time to part time I have taken over the house again.

I'm  so over having clutter and no system so I have decided it's time to get ORGANISED! to the full.  I plan to menu plan, have set days for certain things like washing ect and have set daily jobs that must be done each day. 

So far its kinda working. 

I have a list for every room and keep it in a lever folder that sits on the top shelf of my book case in the kitchen, also in the folder I have a list of all the once off jobs I would  like to do and for example of a room list here is the kitchen one...

Kitchen

Daily

Sweep floors

Clean off benches

Wash up

Wipe sink down

Wipe  stove over

Wipe cupboards,

Take rubbish out to bin

Weekly

Monday - Clean regularly used appliances / wipe dryer out

Tuesday – disinfectant benches  / sort dump and go

Wednesday -Mop floors / Wash broom and mop

Thursday - Clean fridge /   wipe out side of fridge,

Friday - Clean sink and dish drainer ( bi carb) /  clean bins

Saturday - Tidy drawers / wipe out oven /menu plan/mop

Sunday - Tidy pantry / Tidy bookcases / Cooking for lunches 

Monthly

Week 1 -Sort out freezer

Week 1 -Deco web

Week 1 -Wash curtains

 

Week 2 -Clean oven

Week 2 -Sort on top of Fridge

 

Week 3 -Scrub floors

Week 3 -Pull stove and cupboard out and clean behind them

 

Week 4-Wipe over Windows and walls

Week 4 -Sort cupboards- towel / under sink












No comments:

Post a Comment