THE JOURNEY OF HOW WE WENT FROM CLUTTER AND NO ORGANISATION TO ORGANISED CHAOS..

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Family Meetings

We try to have one each Sunday night as a moment to spend together. We each take turns by saying what we would like to say to each other then we give the person we are talking to a chance to respond. It has helped heaps.

For example tonight DD brought it to our attention that the boys are forgetting to shut the toilet door, so the boys replied that they will try and remember. We also sat down and discussed the system I would like to try and they had their input of what they would like to try. Hubby even said he really wants to do it, but sometimes its hard to know what I have done. So asked if I can mark it off with a white board maker on the plastic sleeve(I have the lists in plastic sleeves in the folder)so we can wipe it off when we start the week/month again.

It isn't always negative a lot of the time it is positive. Tonight DS said to DD " All I want to say is I love you and thank you for helping me with my room" (she helped tidy it up with him).

It has opened up our communication as a family and all it takes is about 10mins. The kids know that no matter what at this time of the week it is just for talking and they will get heard. Since they feel heard they come and talk to us the rest of the week now and not bottle it up.


Oh and one more thing before I call it a night.....
Don't forget to smile

No comments:

Post a Comment